For the Master’s Performance Practices, we are looking for a:
Lecturer Dissemination-Documentation of practice-as-research
The MA Performance Practices at the HOME OF PERFORMANCE PRACTICES and ArtEZ University is currently looking for a freelance lecturer who can facilitate the portfolio/artefact making process of our second-year students. You will offer group classes (intertwining theory and practice) on artistic documentation and methods for disseminating artistic research. You will coach and support individual student trajectories towards the creation of an artefact that disseminates artistically and documents their practice-as-research output.
What will you do?
· The lecturer offers group practical and theoretical sessions working with and challenging documentation, archiving and portfolio of/in/for performance whilst considering the ethics and politics of their works.
· You will guide and coach individual student trajectories by supporting them in finding ways to transpose the outcomes of their practice-as-research and performance into tangible portfolios/artefacts.
· To this end, you organise individual meetings with the students and participate in regular meetings with the Head of the programme as far as your assignment is concerned.
· You facilitate the process of portfolio exhibition.
· You play a crucial role in assessing the students’ artefacts/portfolios.
What do you bring?
· You have extensive professional experience as an artist or art-worker in the field of portfolio making, artistic documentation, archiving and practice-as-research
· You have experience teaching at a postgraduate level
· You are interested in working with international students
· You are proactive in reaching out to students and can keep track of a fragmented agenda
· You are punctual when it comes to writing reports, preparing assessments, reading documents coming from the students
· You are interested in being part of a bigger (international) team and being involved in the continuous development of the programme together with the lecturers and team
· You live in the Netherlands or at a distance from Arnhem that enables commuting
· Your English is excellent in speech and writing
Who we are?
The HOME OF PERFORMANCE PRACTICES at ArtEZ University of the Arts is an incubator for artistic research around the Body in Performance and its wider Ecology. Within its setting of de-disciplined and diverse thinking, the HOME promotes performance-making as a strategy for equitable societies. At the core of the HOME is the accredited MA Performance Practices. The programme is at the forefront of rigorous artistic and intellectual enquiry and facilitated by a team of internationally renowned practitioners and researchers. Students design rigorous lines of research, investigating, challenging, and reshaping the role of the artist, contributing to the advancement of performance in their chosen field.
What do we offer?
We offer a freelance/self-employed assignment. The work is organised on a flexible basis with a total of about 100 hours spread over the academic year (with peak times in January-February and May-June). There are residential periods where you will offer workshops, and you can organise individual tutorials with students. We try to accommodate professional schedules outside the programme as much as possible. The hourly rate is EUR 40-42/hour depending on experience.
Application and information
If you have the knowledge, skills and experience to work as a Lecturer Dissemination-Documentation for practice-as-research, we invite you to apply, especially if you also bring an enthusiastic team spirit and a strong professionalization mentality.
ArtEZ attaches great importance to a diverse and inclusive organization. Working in diverse teams makes us more effective, more innovative and work more fun. Anyone who feels inspired by this is invited to apply.
Information about the this position can be obtained from Pavlos, Dr. Pavlos Kountouriotis
Head of MA Performance Practices , P.Kountouriotis@artez.nl. For more information about ArtEZ and working at ArtEZ go to https://www.artez.nl/en/this-is-artez/working-at-artez
You can apply until Monday, October 30 via the Apply button.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Arttefact by Andrea van der Kuil (alumni 2020-2022) | Image: Fenia Kotsopoulou for Home of Performance Practices